Before you get started with this study of scripture and dig into what the word says about God and his character, take the time to answer a few questions first.
- Who do you think God is?
- Who is Jesus?
- How powerful do you think God is?
- List 5 words that you think describe God and his character.
- What role, if any, did God and The Bible have in your home when you were growing up?
Now let us take the time to dig into His word and see what it has to say. I encourage you to look up each verse in your Bible and read the full scripture.
Genesis 1:1 God created all.
Psalm 139:1-6 God knows you
Mark 1:9-11 Jesus is Gods son
Romans 1:20 God has eternal power (just like a cellphone signal works, you can’t see it but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. The phone still works just like prayer works with God)
Romans 8:38-39 Gods love is unconditional nothing can separate you from His love.
1 John 1:5 God is light in Him there is no darkness.
2 Peter 3:18 God is patient
Isaiah 40:28 God is everlasting, God is the Creator, He is understanding
James 1:17 God of blessings
Galatians 5:22 Gods ‘fruit’ is love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control.
Psalm 18:30 God is perfect, Proven and Protector
John 14:26 God is a teacher
John 14:6 Jesus is the “lifeline” between God and man. He is the way, the truth, and the life.
Isaiah 41:10 God is your Helper and your strength
Psalm 103:1-22 God is your healer and redeemer. He is merciful, gracious, and slow to anger.
1 Peter 1:15 God is Holy
Exodus 34:6-7 God is merciful, gracious, long suffering, abounding in goodness and truth. He is forgiving.
Philippians 4:7 God is peace
1 Corinthians 10:13 God is faithful
1 John 4:14 Jesus (God’s son) is the savior for the world
Numbers 14:18-19 God is slow to anger and abundant in steadfast love
Proverbs 30:5-6 God is your shield.
Time To Reflect
- Which verse stands out most to you?
- What did you learn that you did now know before this study?
- How will you apply these verses to your own life?
- What role would you like God/The Bible to have in your life/family?
- What are you willing to do to make it happen?